Mad Bodgin’ Mage (Amiibo SMASH) Log: Grandmaster Arya

smash amiibo

Mad Bodgin’ Mage (Amiibo SMASH) Log: Grandmaster Arya

For this log, I will be going over the bodge I did of Robin.

468px-Robin_Amiibo

This was going to be a simple mod… just an eyepatch, and a new hairdo to make them resemble the Robin from my first run-through of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

IMG_20150526_122429

Midway through this bodge I went and decided to give Lucina a class change:

IMG_20150811_164638

Just like that, I made more work for myself. The Tactician would have to become the Grandmaster:

tumblr_mj3wocgZFS1s0osjho1_1280

Crap.

That class change was more involved than I remembered, so this bodge was gonna be pretty painful:

IMG_20150526_214906IMG_5323   IMG_5324  IMG_5327IMG_20150819_110757IMG_20150819_110808 IMG_5328

That cloak does not survive.

Not long before this, I had completed my Samus Varia Zero amiiduo, and had a set of legs left over.

IMG_20150819_110802

I thought might as well try to use them here, but first, Robin’s base had to be cracked open…

IMG_5576

…so I could put Sam’s legs in their place. I found out during a previous project that, occasionally, this process does not go well, so I thought it best to find out if this one would still work before I went any further. It did, so with that verified, it was time to actually see if the two halves can work together:

IMG_20150821_122754 IMG_20150820_152429

I went with a pose that was supposed to look like the figure was coming in for a landing. The next part was the one I was dreading… the eyepatch and hair:

IMG_20150822_145452

IMG_20150822_145507

IMG_20150822_145520

To get it on there without making a mess, I put a drop of superglue on a piece of paper, and then used a pin to apply it to the Amiibo. I was going to make the hair entirely from greenstuff, but in the end I opted to used the old hair and restyle it:
IMG_20150822_145604

IMG_20150822_145610

IMG_20150822_162910

IMG_20150822_162923

According to feedback I’d received on previous mods, I tried to be more methodical in my greenstuff approach for this part of the bodge. I built up a section, let it set, then went back to it later and added a new layer to make it smoother:

IMG_20150825_163337

IMG_20150825_163343

 

Mechanical Pencils are great for making rivets.

IMG_20150825_171633

It was here that the cloak got (more) destroyed…

IMG_20150825_211557

…and extended with Plasicard…

IMG_20150826_101734

…so that it could be a length that would match the legs, since they were longer now:

camera-p

IMG_20150827_102209

IMG_20150827_102219

IMG_20150827_123150

I added more detail along the way:

IMG_20150830_014034

IMG_20150830_014038

IMG_20150830_144602

IMG_20150830_235802

IMG_20150830_235807

IMG_20150830_235811

IMG_20150830_235815

IMG_20150830_235823

It was then time to prime…

IMG_20150901_235853

…and finish!

IMG_20150914_155329

IMG_20150914_151758

IMG_20150914_152059

IMG_20150914_152116

IMG_20150914_152933

 

IMG_20150914_152949

IMG_5946

IMG_20150914_152925

IMG_20150914_151805

IMG_20150914_152041
360 view
360 no flash

 

And with that they are ready to smash!

IMG_20150914_150849

 

 

T`was a bodgin`

Untitled-1

About Ben Hofer

Java-Fueled Artist, Mad Bodger, Play Structure.

One Comment

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Support Shared Weave

Recent Topics

Archives