This log is going over a build that a friend requested. It took me a while to get to, but here it is:
…is getting a mage hat and a coffee.
But before that happened, some things needed to be done. Namely: lower their ears and lop off their paws.
This is not the expression one would expect after that.
Also, this particular pikachu didn’t have a base, as it was a given to me by another friend. So I used…
…as they weren’t using it anyway.
Joining them on the base would be the Keg, seen here:
They weren’t using it either. I swapped it out for a pile of bodies, actually.
It worked out rather well, as they hide holes left by Robin’s boots. With that, I gave Pikachu its arms back, so it could hold the keg:
The next step was to figure out how to build the hat. I initially took some greystuff and sorta made a pancake on its head. After that, the project sat while I pondered how best to proceed.
And play Metal Gear.
Then I had wine. Tasty wine, that just so happened to provide me with a cork to build a hat…
…add some Greenstuff…
…and you’ve got the supporting frame for a wide brimmed hat:
This part was pretty simple. The hat is meant to be sort of a patchwork leather, so this was just layering flattened greenstuff haphazardly over the frame, and adding more cork to support it. I did it in short sessions to allow each application to set, before moving on.
I then added details, to make it look like it was stapled together:
I also made a button to go on the hat by putting a ball of greenstuff on a strip of magic tape stuck to a bottlecap. The tape makes the process of taking it off later much easier:
With that done, it was time to paint it.
I hate painting yellow. It shows.
That said, here it is:
T’was a bodgin’